Disclaimer: I am not a cook. Matter of fact, I suck at cooking. This is me trying my hands at something and offering it to you to do as you please. However, I won’t post a recipe unless it tastes good, promise!
I’m in full swing with this low carb thing. I’ve been researching, planning, buying the right foods, and checking out recipes. During my search I stumbled on this recipe and decided to change it up a bit. Behold…the “Chili” soup.
It’s delicious, smells great, and, best of all, easy to make.
Low Carb 'Chili' Soup
1 pound of ground beef
1/4 cup of red bell pepper
1/4 cup of yellow bell pepper
1/4 cup of orange bell pepper
1/4 cup of yellow onion
1-2 cloves of garlic
14.5 oz Del Monte Diced Tomatoes w/ Zesty Mild Green Chilies
3 cups of Light and Low Sodium Chicken Broth*
Salt for taste
Dried Oregano Leaves
1. Chop up your peppers, garlic (I cut mine into 3 pieces each because I hate the strong smell), and onion.
2. In a large skillet, brown ground beef.
3. Add the above, the diced tomatoes, and all your seasoning to the slow cooker.
4. Add chicken broth (the amount really depends on you and/or the size of your slow cooker. I have a 1.5 quart slow cooker, so I added chicken broth to just below the top).
6. Turn slow cooker on high and let cook 4-5 hours.
7. Taste halfway through and add seasoning if needed. (If you have a slow cooker with a timer and are planning to take a quick nap, set it to 3.5 hours, taste, then cook for an additional hour on low after adding additional seasoning).
*Tip* Like traditional chili, you can top this with cheese.