Disclaimer: I am not a cook. Matter of fact, I suck at cooking. This is me trying my hands at something and offering it to you to do as you please. However, I won’t post a recipe unless it tastes good, promise!
Pretty sure this is my first time eating cauliflower. Can’t wait to try cauliflower “mac” and cheese.
This was the last batch of stir fry (as evidence by the lack of cauliflower) three days later, so it warms up pretty well. No soggy vegetables for you 😉
Cauliflower Shrimp Stir Fry
Half a head of large cauliflower
2 cups trader joe’s frozen broccoli florets
2 cups trader joe’s cooked shrimp
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup diced yellow onion
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
4 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp trader joe’s soy sauce
Salt for taste
Any other ingredients you’d like to add of course.
1. Grate or pulse cauliflower in a food professor (do not separate florets if you choose to grate it)
2. Add half of the oil to medium heat pant
3. Add diced onion and peppers to pan
4. Once onion is cooked clear, add cauliflower to pan
5. Add the rest of the oil if needed
6. Once cauliflower is slightly tender (feel free to taste it), add defrosted cooked shrimp and broccoli to pan
7. Create a circle in the middle of the pan and pour in beaten egg
8. Once egg is halfway cooked begin to fold everything into each other in order to mix everything together evenly
6. Add soy sauce and pepper
7. Taste and add salt if needed (since soy sauce is pretty salty it’s very important that you add the salt after).
*Tip* I chose to skip the carrots to avoid the excess carbs.